The following terms and conditions apply to the use of SPT (‘SPT’ or ‘we’) as a Tutor Agency. Please read these Terms carefully. By using the SPT Service you, the Client agree that you have read, understood and agree to these Terms (as amended from time to time). If you do not agree to these terms, you must not use the SPT service.
- ‘SPT’ means St Peter’s Tutors. We are an agency and provide online tutoring services. ‘Client’ means a registered user seeking or receiving tutoring from a Tutor, and for individuals under the age of 18 years old this term also includes their parent or legal Guardian. ‘Tutor’ means a registered individual offering or providing tutoring to Clients.
- Should you have any questions about these Terms or wish to contact SPT for any reason whatsoever, please contact SPT by email at email@example.com
- Clients must be over 18 years of age to register with SPT. Any Client under 18 years of Age wishing to register must arrange for a parent or legal Guardian to register on their behalf and that parent or legal Guardian shall be included in the term ‘Client’ for the purposes of this policy.
- Following registration, SPT will act as an agent for the Client to provide introductions to Tutors and provide access to the online Teaching Platform and the Platform messaging system.
- The Platform allows Clients to contact the Tutors to arrange Lessons and to attend online Lessons in a Tutor Room.
- As a Client, you must comply with the Terms & conditions on the online Teaching Platform (the Platform’) provided by Tutor Office.
- Any communication between the Client and the Tutor must be sent using the Platform messaging system.
- The Client must not exchange any contact details with Tutors, including via the messaging system and the Tutor Room.
- The Client must inform SPT immediately if at any point you have any safeguarding concerns.
- The Client shall communicate by email with SPT using the email address specified by SPT.
- By agreement of these terms, a contractual relationship is formed by SPT and the Client whereby SPT act as an agent of the Tutor providing introductions of Tutors to Clients and vice versa. We only accept responsibility for matching up Tutors who we think are suitable for the Client in question.
- All Lessons and tutoring services should be arranged directly with a Tutor via the Platform messaging system, or inside the Tutor room.
- If you are unhappy or concerned about a Lesson or a Tutor, you must report this concern as soon as possible to SPT.
- Any opinion given or spoken by the Tutor is not necessarily the expression of the opinion of SPT.
- The Client’s conduct must be appropriate and consistent with standards of courtesy and behaviour generally acceptable in the Teaching and Tutoring services.
- The Tutor will provide a free introductory trial Lesson for the Student.
- A monthly progress report will be provided to the Client by SPT.
Payment for Lessons
- All Lessons and tutoring services are billed on a pay-as-you go basis using the Client’s Tutor Wallet.
- For Lessons, billing will occur automatically after the Lesson ends using the credit in the Client’s Tutor Wallet.
- As the Client, you will not pass any payment to a Tutor using any other method of payment.
- Fees are agreed prior to tuition between SPT and the Client. Fees are not to be agreed with a Tutor.
Termination of the Agreement
- The Client or SPT may terminate the Agreement by giving the other party at least 30 days’ written notice of termination.
Cancellation of Lessons
- All Lesson arrangements made with a Tutor are the Client’s responsibility to fulfil. If you need to cancel or rearrange a Lesson, you must contact the Tutor via the messaging system as soon as possible.
- If a Tutor fails to attend a Lesson without prior notice, SPT should be notified as soon as possible, so that a replacement tutorial can be arranged on a day that is suitable for the Client.
- If a Tutor, for any reason, has to stop tuition with a Client, SPT will endeavour to find a suitable replacement Tutor as soon as possible, subject to availability.
- If a Force Majeure Event causes a failure or delay in the performance of any obligation under the Agreement by either party, that obligation will be suspended for the duration of the Force Majeure.
- The Client is not allowed to make private arrangements for tuition with a Tutor introduced to them by SPT. If a Client breaks this obligation, it is a breach of this agreement. The Client will then be liable to pay to SPT the amount paid to the Tutor without deduction and SPT shall be entitled to obtain an injunction against a Client to prevent further breaches of this obligation. This obligation shall continue notwithstanding termination of this agreement.
- All materials that SPT create in-house are copyright. The Client agrees not distribute or publish any portion of any materials without prior written consent from SPT.
- All materials that the tutor creates in-house are copyright. The Client agrees not distribute or publish any portion of the tutor’s materials without prior written consent from the tutor.
- All rights to the copyright of this website and its content rest with SPT.
- SPT and any Tutor working through SPT, is not liable for any direct, incidental, consequential, indirect, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of use of out tutoring service, or any errors or omissions in the content of our materials. You as the Client, specifically waivers any and all claims arising out of the use of this tutoring service.
- The Client acknowledges that all Tutors work on a self-employed and freelance basis and are responsible for their own actions both on and off the Platform.
- In the case of in-person lessons, SPT cannot be held responsible for chaperoning Clients, nor are we responsible for safeguarding the house or effects within the house whilst Lessons are taking place.
Third party information
- Tutorials may include worksheets, information and links to other websites which are not under the control of SPT. SPT are not responsible in any way for the content of such Third Party information and take no responsibility for their accuracy. Nor does this Third Party information imply endorsement by SPT for the content of such information.
- All tutors are DBS checked.
- All messages between tutors and students are stored on the learning platform.